I have a mountain of recipe books (thanks family!). I have pinned countless recipes on my Pinterest page. But for some reason I like to come back to some of my favorite weeknight dinner meals over and over again.
Some of the reasons why I come back to the same ol’, same ol’ recipes is because of a couple of things:
- Ease – I have to be able to whip up the recipe quickly, or be able to prepare it ahead of time. With crock pot meals I’m able to chop up everything the night before and before I head to work all I do is dump the ingredients in the pot and turn the crock pot on! Trust me, you want to make sure you turn your crock pot on. I’ve come home to raw food before and it’s as disappointing as you think it is.
- Healthy – or mostly healthy. Gotta have a punch of protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats. I might have to add these on my own whether it be adding a veggie, subbing brown rice for white rice, or adding in some avocado.
- Adaptability – Don’t have an ingredient on hand? No problem. It won’t make or break the recipe.
- Husband approved – Mitchell has only disliked one meal I’ve cooked our entire marriage, so we are a-okay in that department… for now. 🙂
Here are some of my favorites:
- Crock pot Beef Stew by Iowa Girl Eats
- Crock pot Butter Chicken by Half Baked Harvest
- Crock pot Taco Soup by Skinny Taste
- Chicken Zoodle Lo Mein by Skinny Taste
- Chicken Burrito Bowls from Gimme Some Oven
- Frittata minus the bacon by Damn Delicious served with a side of sweet potatoes because, um I ❤ carbs.
- Lighter Chinese Chicken Salad from Gimme Some Oven
- Harvest Cobb Salad by Damn Delicious
- Cincinnati Chili by me! I’ll share the recipe one day, I promise! For now, here’s something similar.
What are your favorite go to meals?