Well, I survived another year of Cookie Boot Camp! Every year around the holidays, my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and I get together to bake a million cookies & candies until we’re ready to collapse. And trust me, we did just that!
Before the day began, I set out on a run… in shorts. For the second time. In December. What is going on?! It’s really killing my holiday vibes. I hear snow is coming later this week so maybe I should soak up all this warm weather before it’s gone for about 4 months! After burning a few calories, it was time to head over to my in-laws!
This year we had a blast making:
- Melting Snowman Cookies
- Oreo Truffles
- Sugar and Gingerbread cut outs (and decorated!)
- Mexican Wedding Cakes (family recipe)
- Peppermint Fudge
- Red and Green M&M cookies (family recipe & my all time favorite)
- Date Pinwheels (family recipe & made by just my MIL since there is cooling time)
Luckily for me, the family I married into appreciates baked goods just as much as I do. Maybe even more! Is that possible? Us gals chatted & baked from noon until nightfall while our spouses sat in the living room watching the Colts game while providing us with quality control as the cookies rolled out of the kitchen (tough job;) ).
After I recovered from my sugar induced coma from last night I put together my weekly meal plan. Since we’re nearing the holidays I’m trying to focus on getting in veggie filled meals & lots of lean protein. With that being said, here’s our meal plan for this upcoming week!
- Monday: Burrito Bowls
- Tuesday: Salmon and Broccoli Bowls (with brown rice)
- Wednesday: Gnocchi with Spinach, Mushrooms and Crispy Prosciutto
- Thursday: Oven Fajitas (Can you tell we like Mexican food?)
- Friday: Calzone (I’m not sure if you remember me blogging about this before but we eat calzones every Friday with green peppers, onions, mushrooms, turkey sausage, and marinara. Crust recipe can be found here)
- Saturday: Out/Christmas Party
- Sunday: Homemade Cincinnati Chili (maybe I’ll post this recipe some day?)
There you have it! Our eats for this upcoming week.
What are you eating this week?