Happy Friday everyone!
I’ve had a crazy couple weeks at work and have been working more than I normally do and at odd hours so blogging took a small backseat just so I don’t get too overwhelmed!
Today I found a survey on one of my favorite running blogs so I thought I would play along. Enjoy!
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
You know I do love the beach, but we live no where close to mountains so mountain trail it is!
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
None, I actually hate Gatorade while running. It makes me extremely ill.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
New shoes. That would cover just a part of the cost. But if we’re excluding shoes I would buy new tank tops.
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
I like a training plan when I’m prepping for a race but there is no better feeling than just going out and running however far and fast you want.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
I would rather end on a downhill, I think.
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
Lately I’ve been doing a lot of body weight work like burpees, mountain climbers, and push ups so that’s been a fun change.
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
I hate point to point. I guess I’d say out and back only because loops play mental mind games with me.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—>
Good pair of shoes!
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
Yes, I do! I’ve seen a lot of deer, beavers, and a ton of birds.
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
Not that I recall…
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be?
Probably a huge fruit salad. Sounds weird, but it’s so good and refreshing!
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
Shorts. Fun fact: I do not own any running capris.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
As I’ve gotten older it takes me a least a mile to warm up anymore. Used to only take about 1/4 of a mile but my joints aren’t what they used to be!
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
Put it in my shorts pocket!
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
Probably the Bedford Half Marathon. It was so hilly, but for some reason I felt so strong that day and PR’ed on a tough course.
16. What type of run is your least favorite type of run?
Probably Yasso 800s. They hurt real bad.
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on?
My health. It’s always been my biggest motivator.
18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start?
Depends where I want to run that day! Typically my front door though.
19. When running in daylight—> are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
A must for super sunny days but I typically don’t wear them.
20. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
Wow, tough question! Probably inspiration from others. I love heartfelt stories like a 97 year old woman completes a marathon or people who lost over 200 pounds and now run ultras. I think to myself that if they can do it, I can do it, too!
Alright, your turn! Pick a question to answer and share below!