Thank you all for taking the time to read my little corner of the internet. I’d love to hear your feedback on what you might like to read about in the future! I love to talk about nutrition or fitness or both! Feel free to post on my Facebook page and ask questions.
Since last week’s meal planning post was such a hit, I decided I’d share another week of our meal plans. For this next week, I am “carb loading” for my half marathon this weekend. Carb loading is a term used by endurance athletes for increasing carbohydrate intake. By increasing your carbohydrates, you can max out your glycogen stores… and let me just take my science hat off and if you’re super interested in this topic, I’ll point you in this direction. But simply put, this means I’ll be eating more whole grains such as fruits, oats, and other carbohydrate rich foods. My nerves are at an all time high but I couldn’t be more excited to complete my 11th (I think?) half marathon.
Okay, enough about running!
Tonight I’m fixing a crock pot soup that I shared last week which will be great as I am heading to the grocery store this evening and will have no desire to actually cook by the time all that is said and done.
This week’s plan:
- Wednesday: Whole wheat spaghetti with meat ragu and side salad
- Thursday: Healthier Crockpot Butter Chicken and side veggie of some sorts
- Friday: Calzones (as always)
- Saturday: Race day! Date night!
- Sunday: Grilled BBQ Chicken, sweet potatoes, and grilled squash/zucchini
- Monday: Turkey Sausage Packets (easiest dinner ever)
- Tuesday: Taco Tuesday with whole wheat tortillas and lots of guacamole
- Wednesday: Spinach Fritatta and sweet potatoes
Now I’m officially hungry.
Tip: don’t go to the grocery store on an empty stomach! You’ll end up with extra food you probably will regret buying later. That’s why I never let Mitch come to the store with me! 😉
What’s on your meal plan for this week?